Need a caffeine-free preworkout that gives you that same boost in the gym?
Keep reading, I share 5 of the best…
Workouts can be intense, whether performed at the gym or at a specific area that has been equipped with appropriate tools for training at home.
Even though intense, people often enjoy workouts due to the many benefits that they can obtain from a daily session of physical activity.
When energy levels are low and physical strength is impaired, then fatigue tends to kick in shortly after you start your training session. This can quickly alter your performance and interfere with your ability to put out maximum effort.
Casual gym goers, professional bodybuilders, and athletes are turning to pre-workout supplements in order to help them gain that extra push they need to push their bodies and get a good workout.
By 2022, the global market value for the sports and bodybuilding industry is expected to be( 1 ) more than $45 billion.
There are thousands of different products that you can use to help you exert that extra energy to ensure you can push more weight and gain more muscle.
Best Caffeine-Free Pre-Workout Supplements
There are many pre-workout supplements on the market that does not include any type of stimulants, including caffeine.
This makes it difficult for the average shopper to buy a supplement, as they do not know where to start when they look for a pre-workout that they can use.
Let’s take a look at five of the best options that you can use if you want a good pre-workout supplement that will help you push more weights and run more tracks without having to use a stimulant.
#1. Controlled Labs Purple Wraath
Controlled Labs is a producer of many popular workout supplements used by thousands. Their Purple Wraath formula contains no stimulants and provides an ergogenic formula that helps to boost performance during workouts.
The product was developed to support multiple areas that are essential to a good workout session. It is also a relatively affordable option, does not contain any particularly harmful ingredients, and comes in three delicious flavors.
Benefits of Controlled Labs Purple Wraath
- Up to 90 servings in a single container (depending on the size of the container purchased)
- Includes a specially developed proprietary formula that ensures the pre-workout is fast acting and the body can quickly absorb the active ingredients
- Helps to promote improvements in athletic and muscle performance while you are participating in a workout session
- Assists with improving muscle endurance
- Contains non-stimulant ingredients that boost energy in a safe way
- Includes a number of ingredients that promote better and faster muscle recovery.
- The formula does not contain maltodextrin or dextrose
Controlled Labs Purple Wrath contains two proprietary formulas that work together to enhance your performance.
The supplement also contains Niacin, Potassium, and vitamin B6 to support muscle and nerve function.
The proprietary formulas contain the following ingredients:
- PurplEAA Complex: L-Valine, L-Threonine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Methionine, L-Lysine, L-Histidine, L-Leucine, L-Arginine, L-Isoleucine
- PurplEndurance Complex: Citrulline Malate, L-Norvaline, CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine, Ginger Root Powder, Betaine Anhydrous
#2. Transparent Labs Stim-Free Pre-Workout
The Stim-Free Pre-Workout supplement by the Transparent Labs brand provides a great way for anyone to gain an advantage while they are working out without having to utilize any type of stimulants in order to elevate their energy or stamina.
The supplement is excellent for preventing stamina, while also producing an enhancement in mental alertness and physical endurance.
Benefits of Transparent Labs Stim-Free Pre-Workout
- This supplement does not utilize a stimulant that may cause the user to experience symptoms associated with a caffeine or stimulant sensitivity.
- There are no artificial coloring agents or artificial sweeteners added to this supplement. The product also does not contain any type of artificial preservatives.
- Transparent Labs Stim-Free Pre-Workout is free of gluten and also a non-GMO product.
- There are five different flavors to choose from, including Blue Raspberry, Sour Grape, Orange, Green Apple, and Strawberry Lemonade
- A good pre-workout supplement for both men and women who wants to increase their performance
- A combination of 13 effective ingredients added to the formula to deliver maximum results
The manufacturer of the supplement, Transparent Labs, believes in being transparent in providing the customer with a complete overview of what they will be putting into their body when they opt for these supplements.
Thus, no proprietary formula has been included in this product. Instead, each of the ingredients is added individually, with the specific dosage sizes provided.
Ingredients in this product include (amounts are based per serving):
- Citrulline Malate (6,000mg)
- Choline Bitartrate (500mg)
- L-Norvaline (60mg)
- BCAA (4,000mg)
- Creatine HCI (3,000mg)
- Taurine (1,300mg)
- BetaPure Betaine Anhydrous (2,500mg)
- Beta-Alanine (4,000mg)
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (600mg)
- Mucuna Pruriens (70mg)
- BioPerine (5mg)
They also have one of the best advertisements I’ve seen:
#3. PEScience High Volume
The High Volume from PEScience is the perfect supplement for anyone looking to increase their muscle pump and volume, and experience a boost in muscle mass growth, without exposing their bodies to the harsh effects of caffeine when they are sensitive to stimulants.
This product does not utilize stimulants to boost energy and offers a wide range of benefits that the user can take advantage of when they want to get into bodybuilding.
Benefits of PEScience High Volume
- Promotes improvements in muscle pump, which leads to faster growth of muscle mass. This helps the user tone their body faster and more effectively with higher intensity workouts
- A very affordable supplement that costs less than $30 for a container that offers 18 servings in total
- You can choose between five different flavors, including Blue Frost, Paradise Cooler, Cotton Candy, Raspberry Lemonade, and Melon Berry Twist
- Formula that is based on nitric oxide to assist with boosting blood flow, leading to better delivery of nutrients to muscle tissue. This may also yield improvements in muscle recovery.
Each serving of PEScience High Volume offers:
- L-Citrulline (4,000mg)
- Arginine Nitrate (2,000mg)
- Agmatine Sulfate (1,000mg)
The product also contains a proprietary blend that includes Taurine, Ferula Asafoetida Root Extract, and Glycerol.
#4. MuscleTech Muscle Builder
This is a potent pre-workout supplement that acts as a natural anabolic muscle booster to assist with enhancing endurance and physical strength.
The product was also developed to provide a significant elevation of the user’s energy during workout sessions, without the use of caffeine or another type of stimulant.
The user simply needs to take one of these pills each day, and the formula has been tested by a leading university.
Benefits of MuscleTech Muscle Builder
- A scientific study showed an average increase in mean lean muscle mass of 90% among a group of participants who used this supplement. Strength was also increased by 147% on average
- The formula helps to increase blood flow to muscles, producing an improvement in oxygen delivery to muscle tissue and boosting endurance, as well as strength
Each serving of MuscleTech Muscle Builder delivers a 400mg dose of Adenosine 5-Triphosphate Disodium, a unique formula produced by MuscleTech and also promoted as PEAK ATP.
#5. BSN Nitrix 2.0
What may seem like a simple supplement at first is really a very powerful pre-workout product that delivers an intense improvement in several aspects related to physical performance.
BSN Nitrix 2.0 is a highly concentrated precursor to an essential substance in the human body, Nitric Oxide. This leads to a serious boost in performance, strength, and endurance.
Benefits of BSN Nitrix 2.0
- This is one of the most affordable options when compared to alternatives with similar ingredients
- Focuses on muscle pumps and endurance, as well as physical and mental performance
- Speeds up the recovery of muscles post-workout, leading to fewer muscle spasms and soreness, and faster muscle growth
The supplement contains a proprietary formula that includes the following ingredients:
- Pomegranate Fruit Extract
- PTeroPure Pterostilbene
- Red Pepper Fruit Extract
- Hawthorne Extract
- Black Pepper Fruit Extract
Why Use A Pre-Workout Supplement?
Pre-workout supplements take the lead in many ways when it comes to supplements that promote improvements in performance during physical workouts.
The primary benefit that people are looking for in these supplements is a boost in energy, which ensures they can endure longer-lasting sessions of physical training, and promote better endurance so that they can continue to lift weights.
Workouts also become more efficient when a pre-workout supplement is used.
Depending on the specific formula that is introduced to your body, some of these products will help to promote better muscle growth during a workout.
Furthermore, there are also many of these supplements that can help muscles heal faster after you have completed a seriously intense workout session – this means muscles will be less sore afterward, but you will still be able to gain muscle mass and tone your body.
Another important benefit that people often look for in pre-workouts is the elevation in mental alertness and concentration.
A lot of people fail to realize just how intense a good workout can be – mental agility is just as important as physical performance during these sessions.
When you opt for the right pre-workout supplement, you will most likely also be able to better focus on your routine when you train.
What’s The Issue With Pre-Workout Supplements That Contain Caffeine?
Caffeine is a widely used stimulant in the modern world and often included in pre-workout supplements.
The major benefit of caffeine is its energy boosting impact, which causes improvements in mental alertness and also helps to provide an elevation in physical performance.
Caffeine is also known to reduce the risk of experiencing fatigue, which is why this is such a great ingredient for pre-workout supplements.
Even though effective, there are many people who experience adverse effects when they use caffeine or other types of stimulants.
These people usually experience sensitivity to caffeine. In some cases, they will only experience these adverse effects when taking a more significant dose of caffeine, but some people cannot even take a small amount of the stimulant.
When sensitivity occurs, symptoms may include insomnia, a racing heartbeat, jitters, a headache, restlessness, anxiousness, and nervousness.
There are also some people who simply prefer not to use any products that contain caffeine.
A pre-workout supplement can be a big help when it comes to a physically enduring session of lifting heavy weights and running on the track.
Quite a large number of these supplements tend to includes stimulants, with the main option being caffeine, in order to elevate both physical and mental abilities in the gym.
Unfortunately, some people experience side-effects to stimulants, which leads to a search for caffeine-free options including the ones noted in these articles.